Printers of HP are widely used these days across the world. Our life very much depends on it as it provides scanning and photocopy facility with color and black and white printing services of its printers. HP provides quality printers to its customers but what to do if your Hp printer stops responding to any of your given command.
Major reasons for HP Printer not responding issue :
There are some reasons that will tell you why your HP printer is not responding, and how to resolve it. But before telling you about such reasons let me tell you that what are the symptoms of your HP Printer not responding.
- Data is affected by viruses or malware.
- Herd drive becomes incompatible or the service life of the hard drive is completed or ended.
- Unreasonable startup and shutdown operations performed by the user and
- Incomplete or defective application with third party certification
are some of the symptoms which appear on your screen when the printer not responding.
Various conditions detect when HP Printer not responding
- Printer shocking,
- No printing Signal,
- BsoD on operating System,
- 3D printer manager error.
- 3D printers no indicator light
Expert's solution to fix HP Printer not responding issue
- The very first solution is to shut down and restart both your system and hp printing machine.
- If still, you face the same problem, click on startup icon and
- Type cmd in the search box and open cmd.exe by double-clicking on it.
- Now type gpupdate in command prompt and then press enter,
- in this way you can destroy the viruses thus your hp printer will start working.
- If you have a 3D printer then install SmartPCFixer on your personal computer and start this software, it will start full scanning your computer automatically
- Now wait for the scan result and fix all the issue it shows as a scanning result and restart it
Method 1: Your System Needs a Hardware Check
Checking your hardware components is the best way to fix all sorts of printer related problems and you can follow the below steps for that:
- First of all, turn off your computer, printer, and other external devices.
- Now unplug all the attached USB cables and then wait for at least 2 minutes. You can also check your cables because a faulty cable may also lead to plenty of issues.
- Now connect all the cables or components and then restart your computer.
- After that, try a print test to check whether the problem is resolved or not.
Method 2: Reboot Your Printer Spooler Programme
Sometimes a printer doesn’t respond due to the issue in the spooler and then you should reboot your printer spooler to fix the HP printer not responding issue. You can follow the below steps to reboot it:
- Press Windows + R key to open the run box.
- Type services.msc and then press the Enter.
- Find the Print Spooler and then double-click on it.
- Click on the Stop icon and then click on the OK.
- Now you can follow the on-screen instructions to reboot your spooler program.
Method 3: Configuring the Correct Port
- Make sure that your printer is connected to the correct port and you can simply check it through the below steps:
- Go to the Search bar or press Windows + S keys together.
- Type Printers and Devices.
- Now you can simply right-click on your printer’s model.
- Now check the box which is available next to your printer’s location.
- After that, restart your computer and then check whether your printer is working properly or not.
HP Printer not responding on Mac-Get the complete information
Sometimes you also get the not responding issue with your printer when it doesn’t well connected to the network connection. But you can easily fix the HP printer not responding on Mac issue after resetting the network connection through the below steps:
Method 1: Reset Network Connection
- First of all, turn off your printer and then wait for at least 1 minute while turning it on.
- Now you can click on the Apple icon which is available at the top-left corner on Mac.
- Click on System Preferences.
- Click on the Print & Scan option under the Hardware section.
- Now click on the + icon to add the printer and then click on the Add Printer option.
- Select the model of your HP printer from the list and then all the details will be filled automatically.
- After that, you can click on the Add tab.
Method 2: Use USB Connection
You can also connect your HP printer to your Mac with the help of a USB connection if you are not able to connect through any other way. You can follow the below steps to use a USB connection:
- Connect your printer to Mac using the USB cable.
- Click on the Apple icon available at the top-left corner of the screen.
- Now you can click on System Preference.
- Click on Print & Scan under the Hardware section.
- Now, wait until your printer will be detected and then you will be able to see the name of your printer in the Printer Name section.
- After that, select your printer model and then click on the Add tab.
- Now you can take a print test to see whether the problem is resolved or not
with the help of these above-given steps, you will be able to fix HP printer not responding issue on Windows or Mac in a very simple manner. But in case you are still facing any kind of issue with your printer, then you can contact the customer support team for instant help.
If these solutions fail to resolve your problem, you can also get in touch with HP printer support team for quick help.