Google app is a way by which users may download any app and can use any app in a proper way. But there may be a chance when it does not work because of some issues like storage issues, cache memory issues, and so on. It may create an issue for those who are new to use an Android phone.
Recommended solutions to Google app not working on android
If an android app that has already installed on the device then it may be crash. Due to this, it's unable to open or work in a proper way to get rid of this issue, which results in Google app not working android and your phone gets hanged it may be due to Cookies, history, and caches or slow internet connection which results in timeout so follow here to fix the issue.
Method 1- Clear cache and app data from Google app
We will start with some basic troubleshooting by clearing the cache and app data from the Google app. It might be possible that due to corrupted files in the cache, you won't be able to use the Google app properly. To clear the cache and app data, you have to perform these steps:
- Open Android Settings.
- Choose the Apps option.
- Go to App Manager, Manage apps and then to All apps option.
- Now, in the list, you can locate and open Google.
- Tap the Storage option.
- Finally, you need to tap the clear cache and Manage space and select clear all data.
Method 2- Uninstall updates and update Google app
As Google is pre-installed on Android devices, you cannot uninstall it. The only thing you can do is reset it, remove the updates, and update it again. To reset the Google app on Android, you can follow the steps:
- Open the Play Store on your Android device.
- Search for Google and open it.
- Tap the uninstall option for Google. This action will uninstall the updates whereas Google will be there in the system.
- You can reboot your Android device and then update the Google app.
Method 3- Leave Google Beta program
To handle the issue of the Google app, you leave the Beta program from the app, with the following steps:
- Go to the Play Store of your device.
- Search for Google.
- When you scroll down, you will find the beta tester section. Tap on Leave.
- You need to wait till the Beta program is left and then update the app.
Method 4- Reset Google Play Services
For the proper functioning of the Google app, you need to clear the cache from the Google Play Services app. The steps to reset Google Play Services are:
- Open the Settings app.
- Choose Apps.
- Open the App Manager, then Manage apps, and after that All apps.
- Tap the 3-dot menu and enable all the system processes.
- Locate Google Play Store services and open it.
- Tap the Storage option.
- Finally, you can clear the cache and data.
Method 5- Check for the permissions
Google app usually takes permissions for all other applications. So you must check for all the permissions assigned to the Google app. If required, you can disable certain permissions from the app. To check app permissions, follow the steps:
- Open Settings on your Android device.
- Choose the Apps section.
- Go to the option of Select All apps.
- Open the Google option again.
- Tap on App permissions and ensure that all permissions are granted to Google.
Method 6 Check the android version.
- Initially, every individual is required to restart the phone. for this press and hold the power button for few seconds then tap on the restart option.
- If the restart option is not showing then press the power button for 30 seconds and the phone will be restart.
- Need to check android updates. For this go to the setting option of phone tap on the System option then system updates. After some time update status will be shown on the device.
- Now go to the play store option of the phone and click on the menu option. Here App with available updates are labeled with Updates. If any update is available then tap on the update option. If more updates are available then click on the update all.
- Select the force stop to stop the app which is running on an android phone. For this go to the settings options of the phone then tap on the apps and notification then tap on the Force stop. If required then every user are required to clear the cache memory and data.it will surely fix our issue
Method 7- Sign out of Google account and sign-in
One more thing that can fix the issue is signing out of the Google account used in the Android device and signing-in again. In most cases, the issue is fixed with this step. The steps involved in signing out and signing-in to a Google account in Android are:
- Open device Settings.
- Choose the Accounts option.
- Select Google in the list.
- Tap the More option and remove the Google account from there.
- Restart your device and sign-in again in the device.
- Try using the Google app for signing-in.
Method 8- Install an older version via an APK
If nothing works, you can try and downgrade the version of the Google app. For this, you can download an APK file using a third-party website and get in on your Android device. If Google insists on updating the app, you need to disable auto-updates in the Play Store.
- To get an older version of the Google app, the steps are as follows:
- Uninstall the updates in the Google app, as mentioned above.
- Then, you need to navigate to APK mirror or any online APK hub.
- Download any older version of the Google app with version but it must not be older than 2 months.
- You need to grant permissions for installing the app from any untrusted sources.
- Finally, install the APK file and use it in the device.
If you still have the issue of Google app stopped working on android, you can contact the technical support of Google. The technical team of Google will assist you with all the issues related to apps and services.
Related Information: Google account recovery problems | Google account recovery date of birth |Google 2 step verification not working | suspended Google account | Google can't verify my account |Gmail account recovery security questions | Google play games account | how many Google account can i have | Google maps voice not working | Google voice not working on iPhone | Google app not working on iPhone