Silverlight is a powerful development tool which is used for creating engaging, interactive user experiences for mobile apps and web. But you can note that in Chrome the option to even enable Silverlight was removed by Google in September of 2015 only. However some Silverlight content remains on the internet. If user want to display it using the most popular browser chrome then they are at a loss. But it is still possible to use Silverlight in Chrome on Windows 10 with a free extension.
How to enable Microsoft Silverlight in chrome ?
With the IE tab extension for Chrome it is not only useful for displaying web pages with Silverlight content, but also for Sharepoint, Java and ActiveX content. Till the time it becomes impossible to use these technologies mentioned, holdouts can still view Silverlight content within the Chrome wrapper. In a chrome browser window IE Tab emulates Internet Explorer. The Internet Explorer rendering engine is used by the extensions so you can view Silverlight content. USer should note that IE Tab works on Windows only.
Now user can follow below steps to enable Microsoft Silverlight in chrome
- First launch Google Chrome.
- After that need to visit IE tab page in the chrome web store.
- Then user have to click Add to chrome button in blue color. They will see a dialog asking while if they want to Add IE Tab which will be with a list of functions it can perform. User need to click on Add extension button.
- After IE tab is installed user can see IE tab next to Chrome’s address bar. They need to click the icon to open an IE tab and can input the web address of the page that contains Silverlight content in the IE Tab.
When they are using Chrome without IE Tab then Silverlight cannot be detected. Instead they can see a notice saying, “You are running on a browser that may not be fully compatible with Microsoft Silverlight”.
How do I get Microsoft Silverlight to work ?
In Internet Explorer browser user can follow below steps to get Microsoft Silverlight to work:
- First user need to press the Alt key on your keyboard.
- Then click the Tools menu which is at the top of the browser window.
- Now select Manage add-ons.
- After that choose Toolbars and Extensions from Add-on Types.
- Then from the dropdown menu select All Add-ons.
- Now click on Microsoft Silverlight.
- If it is disabled the click Enable.
Microsoft assistance help center
For any help required user can get in touch with Microsoft assistance help center on phone and online.
Recommended : Microsoft word not responding