Has your Google Play Store app stopped working on your device and showing some unwanted error? Then you can’t use it anymore until you would not fix this issue. There could be lots of reasons behind this problem and it is very hard to say which issue will be responsible for the not working issue of Google Play Store app. But it never means that you canâ€™t fix this problem as there are too many ways to resolve Google Play Store app not working problem. In this article, you will learn about the step by step process to fix not working issue of Google Play Store app on your phone.
Recommended solutions to Google Play Store not working Issue:
Google Play Store is the only authentic distributor of apps for android based devices. It itself is an app and already installed on most of the android phones. In case you face Google Play Store not Working you would not be able to download updates and new apps. Resulting you’d have to download apps from other sources online which can be a threat to the security of your phone, personal information and data.so follow solutions below here
Solution 1: Check your internet connection
Make sure that your device has an active internet connection to access Play Store which is most important to have. Sometimes bad internet connectivity may also cause plenty of issues and then you can simply try the other internet connection to access Play Store or use cellular data instead of Wi-Fi connection.
Solution 2: Clear caches and data
Sometimes unwanted caches and data for Google Play Store app on your device may also cause varied issues and then you can clear them easily. For this, you can follow the below steps to clear them:
- First of all, go to the Settings on your Android phone.
- Now scroll down to Apps and then tap on it.
- Tap on Apps option and then select Google Play Store from the list of available apps.
- Now tap on the Clear Cache tab to clear the caches.
- Now go back and then tap on the Clear Data tab.
- After that, check whether the Play Store is working or not properly.
Solution 3: Check date and time settings
If your phone has an incorrect date and time settings, then you may also get plenty of issues with Play Store and then you can simply fix the Google Play Store not woking issue after updating the date and time settings through the below steps:
- Open the Settings of your Android phone.
- Now tap on Date and Time under the System.
- Check whether you have enabled the Automatic date & time option or not and if not, then you can manually set the date and time.
- You can also try to check the time zone as per your area or country.
- Now you can try to access the Play Store app on your Android phone.
Solution 4: Remove and re-add Google account
By removing and re-entering the details of your Google account for Play Store app in your preferred Android phone, you may also fix the varied issues of Play Store and you can follow the below steps for that:
- Go to the Settings of your Android phone.
- Now scroll down to Accounts and then tap on your Google account which is linked to your Play Store.
- Now tap on the three-dot icon and then select Remove option.
- After that, add your Google account again and then try to access your Play Store app again on your phone.
Solution 5: Restart your phone
- A lot of time restarting your phone also fix plenty of technical issues and you can very easily fix the not working issues of Google Play Store app.
- You can simply restart your phone and then check whether your problem is resolved or not.
Solution 6: Force close the Google Play Store
sometimes force closing an app may also fix the varied technical issues and if you are getting the issue with your Google Play Store, then you can simply force close it with the help of below instructions:
- Open the Settings of your Android phone.
- Now tap on Apps option.
- Tap on All and then select your Google Play Store from the list of apps.
- After that, tap on the Force Stop tab.
- Now re-open the Play Store app and then access it.
Solution 7: Clear app data of Play Store
- Go to “Settings”.
- Scroll down a little and tap on “Apps”.
- Tap on “Google Play Store“
- Find and tap on on “CLEAR DATA“.
By following the above-given steps, you can fix the Google Play Store app stop working issue in a highly simple and effective way. But if you are still getting this issue or have any other problem, then you can simply contact the customer support team for the relevant solutions.