Printers of HP are widely used these days across the world. Our life very much depends on it as it provides scanning and photocopy facility with color and black and white printing services of its printers. HP provides quality printers to its customers but what to do if your Hp printer stops responding to any of your given command.
Major reasons for HP Printer not responding issue :
There are some reasons that will tell you why your HP printer is not responding, and how to resolve it. But before telling you about such reasons let me tell you that what are the symptoms of your HP Printer not responding.
- Data is affected by viruses or malware.
- Herd drive becomes incompatible or the service life of the hard drive is completed or ended.
- Unreasonable startup and shutdown operations performed by the user and
- Incomplete or defective application with third party certification
are some of the symptoms which appear on your screen when the printer not responding.
Various conditions detect when HP Printer not responding
- Printer shocking,
- No printing Signal,
- BsoD on operating System,
- 3D printer manager error.
- 3D printers no indicator light
Expert's solution to fix HP Printer Not Responding issue
- The very first solution is to shut down and restart both your system and hp printing machine.
- If still, you face the same problem, click on the startup icon and
- Type cmd in the search box and open cmd.exe by double-clicking on it.
- Now type gpupdate in command prompt and then press enter,
- in this way you can destroy the viruses thus your hp printer will start working.
- If you have a 3D printer then install SmartPCFixer on your personal computer and start this software, it will start full scanning your computer automatically
- Now wait for the scan result and fix all the issue it shows as a scanning result and restart it
Method 1: Your System Needs a Hardware Check
Checking your hardware components is the best way to fix all sorts of printer related problems and you can follow the below steps for that:
- First of all, turn off your computer, printer, and other external devices.
- Now unplug all the attached USB cables and then wait for at least 2 minutes. You can also check your cables because a faulty cable may also lead to plenty of issues.
- Now connect all the cables or components and then restart your computer.
- After that, try a print test to check whether the problem is resolved or not.
Method 2: Reboot Your Printer Spooler Programme
Sometimes a printer doesn’t respond due to the issue in the spooler and then you should reboot your printer spooler to fix the HP printer not responding issue. You can follow the below steps to reboot it:
- Press Windows + R key to open the run box.
- Type services.msc and then press the Enter.
- Find the Print Spooler and then double-click on it.
- Click on the Stop icon and then click on the OK.
- Now you can follow the on-screen instructions to reboot your spooler program.
Method 3: Configuring the Correct Port
- Make sure that your printer is connected to the correct port and you can simply check it through the below steps:
- Go to the Search bar or press Windows + S keys together.
- Type Printers and Devices.
- Now you can simply right-click on your printer’s model.
- Now check the box which is available next to your printer’s location.
- After that, restart your computer and then check whether your printer is working properly or not.
Method 4: Reinstall the printer driver
If you still face the HP printer not responding problem, you can try to reinstall the printer driver by following the steps below:
- Press the Windows +R key on your keyboard and run the devmgmt.msc program.
- Open the Printers category and right-click on it.
- Choose the Uninstall device option to select the Delete the driver software for this device from the list.
- Again, hit the Uninstall button.
- Now to reinstall the printer, open the Settings option and select Devices.
- Choose Printers and Scanners from the left panel.
- Select your printer name if visible and click on the Remove device. Now choose Yes to confirm.
- After this, click on Add a printer scanner and select your printer.
- Once you complete the steps, the printer not responding issue is resolved, and you can take a print to check.
- For more effective change, you can restart your computer and then give the print command again to see if the printer is printing properly or not.
Method 5: Use the generic Driver
If you have followed the above steps and the printer is up-to-date, there can be some issue with your manufacturer driver. So, to fix the problem of the HP printer not responding, you can follow the steps below and install the generic driver:
- Type devmgmt.msc. in the Run program window.
- Navigate to the Printers category and right-click on it.
- Select the Update Driver option and choose the Browse my computer for the Drivers tab.
- Here you have to choose the Let me pick a list of available drivers on my computer option.
- Pick the Generic Printer Device and select the Next button to continue.
- Finally, you can check the printer's status once the Generic device update is complete on your device. If you still face the same issue, you can check the steps below.
Method 6: Use the Windows Troubleshooter
If you have tried all the methods given above and face the same issue, you need to check the windows and find the real issue. Follow the steps below to see how it works:
- Press the Windows+R key and type Control in the Run box.
- Set Devices and Printers from the large icons.
- Right-click on your printer's name and select the Troubleshoot option.
- Now follow the onscreen instructions to complete the troubleshooting steps.
Method 7: Updating the Printer's Driver
Your printer's driver is responsible for converting your print command into a language that the printer can understand. It translates the text you wish to print into printer language, making the whole process possible. If the software present in this piece of hardware is outdated, your printer would not understand what to do. So when you encounter an HP printer not working, execute the given steps one by one to update your driver software.
[A] Update The Drivers By Using System Updates
- Begin by restarting your device.
- Once your device completes the restarting process, click on the search tab In the toolbar.
- Type in 'Check for Updates' in this search tool and hit enter.
- If any update is available, your system will ask for permission. It starts updating all the software, including the driver software, when you allow it.
[B] Update Printer's Drivers From the Device Manager
- Open 'Control Panel', look for the 'Device Manager' option, and open it.
- Go to the 'Devices and Printers' section and open the printer section. Select the printer you are facing an issue with.
- Right-click on the printer's name and select 'Update Driver' or 'Update Driver Software.
- Tap the 'Search Automatically For Updated Driver Software' and execute it. Complete the required installations to update the software.
- Now restart your computer to start printing again.
[C] Update Printer's Driver Manually
If the above-mentioned methods fail to resolve the HP printer not responding issue, you need to update the driver manually.
- Search for HP support on the internet. On the support page, search for 'Software and Drivers Downloads.'
- In the search tool under this title, type in your printer model number. If you can't find it, look at the bottom or back of your printer. If it's connected to your computer, the model number is visible in the device section in the control panel.
- All the recommended and important updates load on the page when you press enter.
Cross-check with your already installed updates. Remove the unnecessary ones and download the important updates.
Method 8: Set Your Required Printer As Default
You will often notice that when you send the command to print, it reaches some other default printer, Or after sending the command, the printing software asks you to choose the device you want to run this command. If you have not set your printer as default, your printer will not receive your message, which leads to the HP printer not working issues and other problems. To stop this, you need to set your desired printer as the default printer in the system.
- Press the R + Windows button on your keyboard. This will open the search tool.
- In the search space, type 'Control Panel' and open it.
- Open the 'Devices and Printer's option.
- Select the desired printer to set as default.
- Click on the 'Set as Default' radio button next to it.
- Select 'Yes' on the pop-up.
- Once done, a check-mark will appear next to your printer's name.
Method 9: Delete The Jammed Print Commands
When you give too many print commands, the issue of the HP printer not responding stops the printing process. It is better to clear out the old commands to give new ones.
- Start by opening the control panel on the computer.
- Open 'Device and Printers from the list.
- Find your printer under the printer section and right-click on it.
- Tap the 'See what's printing' title.
- Open the 'Printer Menu' and select the 'Open As Administrator' choice on the new pop-up.
- Once more, you need to select the 'Printer Menu' and now select the 'Cancel All Documents' title.
- Click the 'Confirm' pop-up to remove all the previously given commands.
- Once the cleaning job is done, you can restart your computer, and the printer will start printing properly again.
If the issue persists, connect with a support executive.
HP Printer not responding on Mac-Get the complete information
Sometimes you also get the not responding issue with your printer when it doesn’t well connected to the network connection. But you can easily fix the HP printer not responding on Mac issue after resetting the network connection through the below steps:
Method 1: Reset Network Connection
- First of all, turn off your printer and then wait for at least 1 minute while turning it on.
- Now you can click on the Apple icon which is available at the top-left corner on Mac.
- Click on System Preferences.
- Click on the Print & Scan option under the Hardware section.
- Now click on the + icon to add the printer and then click on the Add Printer option.
- Select the model of your HP printer from the list and then all the details will be filled automatically.
- After that, you can click on the Add tab.
Method 2: Use USB Connection
You can also connect your HP printer to your Mac with the help of a USB connection if you are not able to connect through any other way. You can follow the below steps to use a USB connection:
- Connect your printer to Mac using the USB cable.
- Click on the Apple icon available at the top-left corner of the screen.
- Now you can click on System Preference.
- Click on Print & Scan under the Hardware section.
- Now, wait until your printer will be detected and then you will be able to see the name of your printer in the Printer Name section.
- After that, select your printer model and then click on the Add tab.
- Now you can take a print test to see whether the problem is resolved or not
with the help of these above-given steps, you will be able to fix HP printer not responding issue on Windows or Mac in a very simple manner. But in case you are still facing any kind of issue with your printer, then you can contact the customer support team for instant help.If these solutions fail to resolve your problem, you can also get in touch with HP printer support team for quick help.
So, these are some simple troubleshooting steps to help you fix the printing problem of your printer. If you still face the issue of the HP printer not responding, you can contact the customer support of HP. The technical staff can resolve this issue to take prints whenever required. HP also provides a support manual and a printer that you can check. Besides, you have the option to check the Community page on the HP website and take the prints easily.