Mozilla Firefox is a web browser that is free to use and is open-source software. It offers features like tabbed browsing, private browsing, and a download manager. If there is an issue like Mozilla Firefox not working, get immediate tech support to fix the issue.
Reason why Mozilla Firefox stops working?
- Memory Leaks: Memory leak causes Firefox to go down by not releasing an unused memory browser that has reserved certain tasks and operations.
- Extensions and themes: Since most themes and extensions are developed by third parties, these extensions might often cause Firefox to go down.
- Plugins: Plugins sometimes give Firefox to reserve more memory when in use, and then do not free up the memory until Firefox is closed. Uninstall unnecessary plugins to keep Firefox working properly.
- History: To clear the history, click on “Features”-> “Settings” -> “Privacy” ->“Download History” -> “Remove Files from Download Manager”-> “After a successful download”.
- Viruses and spyware: Certain viruses and spyware can cause Firefox to not display pages correctly, run very slowly, or it stops Firefox from working. The best way to avoid crashes and errors caused by viruses is to keep the Firefox browser updated. Also the antivirus program of the computer must be updated time to time.
Recommended guideline to fix Mozilla Firefox not working issue
Today, we can’t even think of spending a day without internet. From ordering food to buying a plane ticket, to watching movies to connecting with friends in the different corners of the world, there are so many things that internet has made easy for us. If you are facing the similar issue of Mozilla Firefox not working, then you can take the help of the following steps.
Start Firefox in safe mode
- As you tap and if the Mozilla browser refuses to work or open then maybe there is a security issue or any web page or link is not secure because of which the application refuses to work.
- To avoid any such issue, try to run the browser in the safe mode. For doing this setting, tap on the icon of Firefox and after this, go to the dialog box that appears on the screen.
- Now after this, run the application in the safe zone for accessing all the secured and encrypted websites.
Disable all the problematic ads
- If you have turned on your ads on the in settings of Mozilla then you might not be able to use the websites properly and the browser will cause issues as well.
- Hence cope up with this issue; you can try to remove the ads on from the settings. And for this, tap on the menu section of the browser and then select the settings followed by the ad on tab.
- Pick the extension tab and then select the link of disable from the list below.
- Having done, now you can restart the application and you are good to go!
Remove the session restore files
- If you closed the tab on the browser but the windows are still opened, then it can hamper the application.
- To clear up the space, remove all the restored files that you don’t need to use as of now.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to default settings.
- Close the Firefox browser.
- Now click the “Start” button in Windows and click “All Programs”.
- Search for “Firefox (Safe Mode)”. Firefox Safe Mode allows you to reset Firefox settings and preferences to the default settings.
- Click “Reset All User Settings to Firefox defaults” and save the changes.
- Get instant support through Mozilla Firefox Customer service to fix the issue.
Create a fresh database
- Sometimes a lot of files and links are piled up in the browser history and we forget to delete it.
- In that case, you would need to clear all the old files and then create a fresh database.
- For doing so, you can go to the troubleshooting and tap on open folder section.
- Now click on power off link with this Firefox will shut down. And now as you open the browser, it will work afresh.
Reinitiate the Firefox files
- For using this method, all you have to do is go to the website of Mozilla and download a new installer.
- With this you can don’t have to delete any old files, it would just have to rename the folder and close it.
- And now turn on the application as usual.
Disable the hardware acceleration
- Open the menu section of the browser and from here, tap on the option section.
- Now go to the general panel and then look for performance tab.
- Uncheck the recommended performance settings and then use the hardware acceleration option.
Update your drivers
- Until you update the drivers of your browser, you won’t be able to fix the issue.
- And for doing so, you can pick the option of automatically updating the drivers so that you don’t have to worry about anything.
And hence with this, you can easily fix the issue of Firefox not working. In case you have any doubt related to the browser then contact the customer care of Mozilla Firefox available 24x7 at the service of users.
Related Information: Mozilla Firefox password recovery