Microsoft office is used to do the Manual office work or personal work as it provides so many applications such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft one-note and Microsoft access. Developed by Microsoft it provides so many features so it is used by many users. To create numerical spreadsheets Microsoft Excel is useful. For creating professional presentations, many people use Microsoft PowerPoint.
When anybody uses Microsoft office so there may be a chance you may have some technical issue. Because of these technical glitches, Microsoft office does not work in a proper way. If Microsoft office not working then the user needs to fix all these issues.
Major reasons for Microsoft office not responding
- Hiccup conflicting of words
- Server setting in word issue
- Word Registry key not updated
- Network sharing issues and so on.
Microsoft office not responding –Get an updated guide to all version of Microsoft office
Microsoft office is most important in order to open your word file, Powerpoint, Excel, etc. This is why, when your Microsoft Word or Excel file is not opening for a document on your Windows 10 you should not feel embarrassed because to fix Microsoft office not responding issue there are the genuine troubleshooting tips that you can see on this page attentively. Let’s get started.
Save a file when Microsoft office not responding
- For resolving this issue users need to check that the computer is connected to one or more networking access which are offline.
- Now click on the My computer then click on the disconnected network drive.
- Next, select the driver in which the user wants to disconnect then click on the OK button.
- Now go to the start option then Run. Select the computer name, if any resource is shared with it then disconnect it. After that user can save your file.
Disable Add-ins in Safe Mode:
- It is necessary to figure out some incompatible add-ins could be the cause Microsoft office stops working. But there is a quick way to solve this error by starting the Microsoft office in safe mode and disable add-ins within it easily.
- At first, make sure your PC is open then press the Windows + R button to open run command and type winword.exe and press enter.
- Your MS office would open in the safe mode and then strive to repair your office or you can uninstall or install it easily.
- Click on the file and select add-ins and click on the manage button and then uncheck problematic Add-ins and click the OK button.
- You can select the Microsoft word or other files that you want to open and then you can select on add and remove button at the end.
User needs to copy the document into another file:
- For this, you have to go in the File menu and then
- Next click on the new then Blank document.
- A select an object in the Text group. Select the file which you want to insert.
Avoid persistent connections:
- If any mapped drive is connected then the user needs to uncheck the box that reconnects at login.
- After unchecking this box, any mapped drive will not be connected automatically when the user starts the computer.
Repair Office 2016/2013/2010/2007:
When Microsoft office not working fine, you probably face trouble opening any kind of the word files. You might notice that when you open a Microsoft document or application, it automatically closed at this, you need to get the easiest solution toward the issue is to repair the office 2016/2013/2010/2007 installation as showing down.
- Firstly, turn on your Windows 10 PC and click on the control panel that you can find on the start button.
- Click on program and feature and click on Microsoft Office and locate and select the Microsoft office and click on the change button.
- Click on the Windows and select the repair button and click on continue and check with the quick repair by clicking on the repair button.
- After the finished repair, the process restarts your computer device at the end of the task.
- After repairing your Microsoft office, open your word application to check if your problem is resolved.
Remove or Update Old Printer Drivers:
It is your printer driver that can interrupt you while opening any Microsoft file, therefore; you can fix this problem by just removing or updating the default printer, to do so follow the steps down.
- At first, turn on your PC and open device manager by searching on the start button and then locate your printer.
- Right-click on the printer drivers and select uninstall or update driver button and select the driver that you can update simply.
- Clicks on uninstall the driver from the program and feature option then search any latest version of the driver to update and install on your computer device finally.
Remove or Delete Word Registry Keys:
You can also remove or delete word registry keys that stores used word files frequently. Therefore, when you remove word registry keys, the word can rebuild it the next time you start by using default settings.
- Firstly, make sure that your PC is on then go to the search and type the Regedit button and then press the enter button.
- Click the yes button and HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Word\Options and explore the file.
- Save the options on your desktop and go back to the registry editor.
- Now locate the options key and delete the menu and exit registry editor finally.
Replace the Normal.dot Global Template File Reference:
- It is Microsoft office not working fine due to normal.dot file is required to rename.
- First of all, press Windows + X and select command prompt and enter the command showing below ren %userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates\OldNormal.dotm Normal.dotm and press the enter button.
- Wait for the command to finish and exit the command prompt at the end of the task.
For further help regarding Microsoft office error, do contact our tech support team is available to help you at any time. If user is getting any issue while using Microsoft office then the user may contact to Microsoft Office toll-free number. This is available on the Internet. Users can call any time on this for resolving any problem. The user will be in direct contact with Microsoft office technician after making a call on this number.