Most of the Outlook users see that their Outlook not opening. Usually, Outlook accounts have large email id and it is very hard to remember the complete email id. Most of the users enter the wrong email id or write their email id in capital letters. New, as well as experienced users, also face these problems. There are multiple reasons behind the problem, like:
Why my Outlook not opening-know Major reasons behind it
- Entering wrong email id.
- Entering the email id in capital letters.
- Providing the wrong password for the email id.
- Hacker's attack on the email account.
- Slow internet speed.
- Previous/Not update to a current version.
Recommended steps to fix Outlook not opening issue-Know complete information here
As Microsoft Outlook serves many services like calendaring, task managing, contact managing, note-taking, journal logging, and web browsing and user can do work safely but a problem arises when Outlook not opening and user start trying in different browser's but still face the same Outlook not opening in Chrome, Outlook not opening in Firefox and even Outlook not opening in Mac operating system so here are tried and trusted steps for you
Method 1. Make sure Outlook is not used by another process
- One of the reasons why Outlook not responding is because it might have been taken over by any other process that can cause the system to freeze or stuck. And if you want to check it then the easiest method is to simply go to the status bar of the screen. As you tap here then you can easily find out if the manager is being used or not.
- Just in case you find the task manager being indulged in some other process then you can wait for some moment and then see. At the end of the process, there will be one dialog box asking you to say yes to stop all the processes and you will be done.
Method 2. Install the windows update
- If you still find Outlook not responding then maybe your account needs proper updates. To find out how to update the device, follow the below-given steps.
- Tap on the start button to go to the menu link.
- Now click on the link of the gear icon and then double click.
- Once you double click, you will find the link of settings and then you can tap on the update option followed by the security section.
- As you are done, now from here double-check if there is any pending installation message. If yes then double-tap and then update the Windows.
Method 3. Update the Outlook
- You can also choose to update the Outlook by simply going on the office account and then look for the navigation and
- Now make sure to click on the update section. Now once done, tap on finish button once done and wait till the process is fully completed.
Method 4. Control the external content
- First of all go to the Outlook link and then tap on the option of file and proceed to the link of trust center.
- Move to the automatic download and then follow the instructions.
- Here now proceed and restart your PC and finish off the task.
Method 5. Declutter the Outlook
- If you have saved a lot of files then also there higher chance of the Outlook device stopping working.
- And to fix it, you can clear up the Outlook space by simply moving to the folder space and deleting unwanted files.
Method 6. Remove all the add-ins
- You can also use the Windows key and R shortcut to open the Run command
- Now enter Outlook.exe and then run the command
- Open the file menu and after this, you will find an add-in option.
- You can check all the boxes and once done restart Outlook.
Method 7. Disable the third-party antivirus software
- To make sure that you run the Outlook application smoothly,
- Make sure to remove all the unwanted antivirus products that might create a hamper in logging or using outlook.
Method 8. Check if the Firewall is blocking the Outlook
- Open the start menu and then tap on the control menu
- Now from the System and security window, now click on the link of Windows Firewall
- Now locate the Windows firewall and turn it on or off accordingly.
- You can also click to turn off the Firewall
Method9. Repair Microsoft office suite
- You can also choose to save all the work and then you can proceed to close all the programs.
- Now move to the option of the control panel and then you can move to the programs and features section.
- After this, you can choose a list of the installed programs followed by right-click and changing the program.
Method10. Fix Outlook data files
- Close Outlook app and then Program and files.
- Now tap on the option of browse and choose the file you want to fix.
- Now follow the instructions and tap on the start button followed by checking if any repair is needed and you are done!
How to fix Outlook not opening in Windows:-
- Safe Mode: Try to open your Outlook email account by going into the Safe Mode. Safe Mode usually is a directive through which you can check the main base of what the problem is.
- Add-ins: Add-ins are the ads you have accepted which can pop up on the screen and can come in between of your work and can cause an element of disturbance while working making it very slow for you to work. To disable the add-ins follow the points mentioned below:
- Go to the Add-in section by clicking first on File and then on Options.
- Go to the manage section.
- You can uncheck the boxes which you dont want to appear as add-ins.
Outlook Repair: Your Outlook might be lagging due to a fault in the application as well. You need to repair or install it again on your system.
- Click the Windows button on your keyboard.
- Go to the control panel of your system.
- Locate Outlook and uninstall.
- Check the box to delete the files as well.
- Uninstall the application of Outlook again.
- This time it might work with good performance.
- Therefore, with the help of the above-mentioned points, one can easily resolve the query of Outlook Not Opening in Windows.
How to fix Outlook not opening in Mac
- Updates: Check whether or not you have the latest Outlook application on your Mac. If you do not have the latest version, go to the store and get the updated version.
- Make sure the database is not corrupted: Usually if you have an application that is properly working on your mac that is because of the corrupt database that you have in your system. To have the proper database in your system, follow the below-mentioned steps
- Make sure that all the Microsoft applications are closed:
- Click on the all application button, it will redirect you to the dock.
- Locate and click on Outlook.
- Visit the settings section and click on Rebuild
- The process will start automatically.
- Once it has completed the rebuilding process, restart the application again.
- This time you’ll be able to access the application easily without any hassle.
Therefore, with the help of the above-mentioned ways, one can easily resolve the query of Outlook Not Opening in your Mac and can continue with your work without facing any problem or getting delayed by the slow working of the application.
In case of any doubt, contact the customer care team of Outlook. The users can also get guidance by clicking on the icon, which has”get help” written on it.