The outlook is one of the leading webmail featured by Microsoft. It is generally used for the email application. It also consists of Contacts, Calendars, task manager, and much more. Outlook made the email service very effective and hence allow the users to enjoy the mail function in an easy manner. Outlook an online platform created by renowned Microsoft is used for exchanging emails and handling other file management related activities. A lot of users sign up for outlook accounts mainly for official use like being in touch with colleagues and prominent business clients. However, a lot of other users even complain of not being able to access their mails because of some errors. To know what these errors are, tap below.
Sometimes some users accessing outlook accounts for exchanging emails often complain that they are facing problem while receiving mails, however, did not face issue to send them. There are several reasons behind Outlook not receiving emails but can send. And to find about the main cause of this error and to be able to fix it, tap below. Having so many benefits, Outlook also undergoes the downside and due to this, the users face any issue. Some of the reported issues are mentioned below with the solution.
Striving in Outlook? Help through Outlook expert helpline
Outlook not receiving emails – Possible reasons behind it:
- We all know that outlook runs with the help of the internet hence if the network will only fail then nobody will be able to use it. Hence to be able to use Outlook, you need to have a strong internet connection so that you don't face any hassle. And if by chance your internet connection fails, you won't be able to receive any new fresh mails.
- Another technical reason behind the Outlook account not receiving any mails is maybe any settings in the device you use, blocking the mails. A lot of times we end up changing the settings of the device and meanwhile doing that, the applications running in the background also get affected. Hence outlook not receiving mails is one of the issues.
- If you are waiting for someone's emails or messages and still have not received it in the mailbox. The most possible reason behind this could either have not refreshed your mailbox or maybe the mails have been sent to the spam folder or other boxes.
- The next reason why users are not able to receive emails but can send them is your mail not being synced. If you have not synced your mail with the Email account then you won't be able to receive any kind of fresh mails.
- Maybe the sender who is trying to send you mails has sent on a wrong address or you gave them your wrong email id. This state of confusion becomes one of the biggest reasons why users do not receive their mails. Or maybe the username you gave to the sender is not active or has been blocked.
- Sometimes there is an issue with the server or the network because of which no one can send or receive mails. Hence in such cases, you don't have to do anything. The web server itself starts working after sometimes.
- A lot of times, our device is being detected with a virus or malware that disturbs the functioning of the entire application system. And because of the same reason, you won't be able to run your outlook email account.
Outlook.com not receiving emails: - To resolve this issue
- Create a new email profile and to do the same, press 'Windows key and R key' together to open the 'Run box', now type “Control” in that box and click 'OK'.
- After clicking the same, 'Control Panel' will appear, click on “User Accounts” and then click on “Mail”.
- Thereafter you will see the 'Mail Setup box', click “Show Profiles” and from the same, click on “Add” to start the new profile.
- Give the name of the profile and then go to the “Manual Configure Server Setting”.
- From the 'Choose Service' section, click on “Internet Email” and here set your Account Type as POP3 and provide the correct details of the email client in Incoming Server Setting and Outgoing Server Setting.
- After performing the previous step, click “Next” and finally click “Finish” to resolve Outlook.com not receiving emails issue.
Outlook not receiving emails but can send: – Possible reasons behind it:
Method 1: Check the Junk, Spam, or Trash Folder!
Before proceeding any further, try to fix it with some basic troubleshooting. And you can start by first checking all the text messages in your Junk and Spam folders. Sometimes Outlook marks some emails as Junk or Spam automatically hence they land up in such a folder. So, you can proceed by checking the same from the “Actions” folder in the navigation bar at the top after logging into the Outlook account.
Method 2: Analyze Your Internet Connection and Outlook Service!
Outlook works on the Internet. So, another thing that you need to keep a check on is the internet connection. And if you find that your internet is not working properly then it can also be the reason for your issue. To be able to fix this, you need to contact your service provider and ask them to fix it.
Also, do not forget to check if your Outlook service is working properly or not. For that, you need to go to the Outlook’s Service status page and check for the current status. If it states to be running then there is no issue. But if you see the red mark then this means that Outlook is out of service and you need to wait.
Method 3: Checking the Storage of your Inbox!
If you can send the text messages but are unable to receive then it will be the storage issue of your Outlook inbox. So, check the Inbox storage and if it is full then you can delete some unwanted text messages and allow new emails to land in your inbox.
Method 4: Move Emails from Other Folder to Main Folder!
The updated version of Outlook has differentiated your emails into two folders i.e. Focused and Other. So, check the emails in Other Folder and move to the Focused one in case any email has automatically landed into the “Other” folder of your Outlook account.
Method 5: Resetting the Inbox Filter!
The latest version of Outlook gives users a chance to manage their inboxes easily. And this can be done by applying filters in the inbox like date, size, importance, subject, etc. So, it might have been possible that you might have got the email but due to any filter applied to your inbox, you are unable to see the email. And to fix this issue you can simply go to Outlook account and check for the filter in the inbox and remove the same.
Method 6: Checking the Blocked Users List!
There might be a reason that you might have blocked certain senders from the email. So, if you face Outlook not receiving emails but can send issue then you need to check the blocked list. Remove the sender from the blocked list and check the email from him in the Junk Folder.
Method 7: Getting Free from Outlook Rules!
If you have set any strict rule for your inbox and then forgotten it then check the inbox settings. This strict rule may be the cause of not receiving email in your inbox. So, you can remove this from Mail and then find the Rules option.
Method 8: Clear Multiple Connected Accounts!
If you have connected more than one email account in your Outlook then you can remove the other accounts for a few minutes. These multiple accounts can block certain emails and can also cause Outlook to stop ultimately.
Method 9: Checking if Your Account is Blocked!
There can be times that due to suspicious activity your account is blocked temporarily. And to check if you can log into your Outlook account. And then perform the recovery process to get back the account.
Method 10: Check the Automatic Refresh Option!
Although Outlook automatically refreshes the inbox and hence email as a whole, there can be some time when the email was not refreshed. So, with the help of the refresh buttons, you can refresh your Outlook folder.
Method 11: Verifying the Account Settings or Disable any Antivirus Application!
There can be chances that you have entered the wrong login credentials. If, yes then you can try to enter the correct ones or can choose to recover your account. If your device is supported with an antivirus application then disable its functions as it might be stopping to function Outlook properly.
Outlook not receiving emails but can send: -To resolve this issue
- First of all check your Junk Folder might be the emails reach to the junk folder instead of Inbox.
- Another cause may be the Inbox Filter, if the sort order is different then you won't be able to receive the new email.
- To resolve such thing, from your Inbox, select “Filter” and then select “All”, thereafter click on “Sort by” and select the Date.
- The next cause may be due to the “Focused Inbox” if it is enabled, then you might receive the new email in the “Other tab”, click on other tab and check your emails.
Outlook unable to send or receive emails: -To resolve this issue
- A possible cause of this issue is due to the incorrect email server setting.
- Make sure you have entered the correct details of the email administrator in the Incoming Server Setting and Outgoing Server Setting.
- Ensure that your account is set in POP3.
Outlook - it is a personal information manager which comes with the Microsoft Office suite, it is commonly used as email application like any other email provider it also has a calendar, task manager, contact manager, note-taking, journal and one can web browse as well, as it is widely used there can be some concerns which are linked with it and at times the concern can be very specific as Outlook nor receiving mails from Gmail which can be because of various reasons and will be solved automatically if an individual takes care of the following concerns
Outlook not receiving email from Gmail – Possible reasons :
- Email overloaded – As we all know that there is a limit assigned to email, if one exceeds that at times it works otherwise at times individual starts finding a problem and indeed unable to receive emails in outlook from Gmail, in this case, one is advised to clean the email and can move some of the emails to trash
- Hidden Filters – in Outlook as there are subfolder as All mail, Important, junk, sent, other folders because of the settings all the Gmail emails are moving to a junk folder
Outlook not receiving the email from Gmail – To overcome the concern one can take the following steps
If one is using Outlook version 2003
- Open Outlook click on tools and look for option Email Account
- Click on option View or change existing email account and click continue
- Look for the Gmail account which is set up in Outlook 2003 and hit on change
- Go to more settings click on the advanced tab, under the option Delivery group ensure to leave a copy of messages on server is selected
If one is using Outlook version 2010
- Hit on file and click on account settings
- Double click on Gmail account click on more settings and then on advanced tab
- Under the option Delivery group ensure to leave a copy of messages on server is selected
- If the concern is still not sorted and the individual is still unable to receive emails in outlook from Gmail can check settings, Go to file click on Manage Rules and Alerts under Email rule and see if there is any rule and one also needs o check if the Gmail email is moved to junk folder to overcome the concern take the following steps
- Remove the email account and re-add the same
For any further assistance, you can even contact Outlook customer service at any time.