Google account is so simple to use and install on an Android device that's because it is the prime feature of the Google account. When most of the people purchase Android device for the first time they need to create their Google account which is so simple and then after simply possible to install and configure on the device easily. After this, it is also easy to g for the Google 2-step verification tasks that provide then full access to the security of your device for all the time.
Recommended steps for Google 2-step verification not working
There are several ways of using the Google 2-step verification part but if it is not working, try to use a request verification code by a call or message to set the procedure for entire times. Is Google 2-Step Verification not working do some important settings to get the issue fixed in no time.
- At first sign-in, Google accounts with the correct email address and password and go to the settings.
- Go to my account option showing in the right of the page under the Gmail settings.
- Now select the two-step verification and check out the message code is enable or not.
- if enabled still not responding to send the message click the reset button and generate new one code now on.
How to change the phone number in google 2 step verification?
- Sign in to my account and select the signing in to Google and choose 2-step verification.
- Press next button and type the 2-step verification phone number which you would like to change.
- A new window will be appearing in the bottom where you have to select change phone option.
- Press next button and get the codes in your phone number and select the option you would like to.
- And then press next button and enter the other phone number and press save button at the last.
Guide on Google 2-step verification FAQ - All solution at one place
Why should I set up 2-Step Verification?
- If you set a 2-step verification for your account, it will be hard for anyone to access your account without authorization.
- If there is no 2-step verification, hackers would find it easy to get your password and hack your personal info.
- When you enable two-step verification, the hackers would require your physical access to your device. So, using the 2-step verification for your account will protect it from hacking.
How do I turn on 2-Step Verification?
With 2-step verification, an extra layer of verification is added to your email account. To turn on 2-step verification for your account, you can use the following steps:
- Go to the webpage of 2-step verification.
- Click the button of Get Started.
- Follow the on-screen instruction for the setup process.
- Once you are done with the setup, it will redirect you to the Settings page. Here you can review the settings and add backup phone numbers(if any).
How do I sign in with 2-Step Verification?
To sign-in using 2-step verification, you can use these steps:
- Go to the sign-page of your account and enter the details.
- When you use a new device, you will be asked to enter the six-digit code, which you received on your phone. If you add the device as a trusted device, you won't be asked for the code next time.
- After turning on 2-step verification, various non-browser applications or devices would not be able to connect to your account.
What is the security key? How do I use it? & Are there limitations with security keys?
A security key is a read-only device, which will generate a code for you when plugged into the USB port. Any Fido U2F certified device can be used for Google 2-step verification.
- Here are some of using U2F security keys:
- The device must have a USB port and it should not be disabled.
- You must use a supported browser.
- Google Chrome supports U2F whereas Firefox does not. So, you need to add extensions for Firefox.
My Google Authenticator codes aren’t working (Android). What do I do?
This issue usually occurs when the time on your Google Authenticator app is not synced correctly on the device. To ensure that the time is correct, follow the steps:
- Go to the Google Authenticator app settings.
- Then, tap more settings.
- Tap the option of time correction for codes.
- Finally, tap on Sync now option.
- On the next screen, you will see the time is synced and now you can use the verification codes. This sync process will only affect the internal timing for your Google authenticator app.
What if my phone was lost or stolen?
In case you lost your phone or it is stolen, you must change your Google account passwords and also remove the app passwords. It will protect you from unauthorized access and keep your account safe.
What if I don’t want to use my phone?
There is no issue if you don't want to use your phone for 2-step verification. Some alternatives for the option are as follows:
Sign in with Google Authenticator- For this, you can follow the steps:
- In your Google account, go to the Security section.
- Tap on 2-step verification, under the Signing-in to Google option.
- Under the option of Add more second steps to verify it's you, you need to go to the section of Authenticator App and tap the Setup option.
- Then, follow the on-screen instructions.
- You can get the 6-digit code using the authenticator app.
- Enter the code in the given field and tap the Verify option.
- With correct code, you will see confirmation.
- If the code is incorrect, you need to try again.
Sign in with your backup phone- Sometimes, you can use your backup phone for receiving the verification code:
- Go to the login page of Google service.
- Enter your account username and password.
- Select the option of Try another way to sign in or More options.
- Then, select the option of Get a verification code.
- After that, follow the on-screen instructions and complete the process.
Sign in with a backup code- For signing-up with backup code, you can follow the steps:
- You need to locate your backup codes.
- Sign-in to our Gmail account or any other Google service.
- Enter the account credentials.
- When you are asked for verification codes, you need to click More options.
- After that, select the option of Enter one of your 8-digit backup codes.
- Finally, enter your backup code
If you face any issue while performing above steps or you have some query contact Google customer support for more help.