Indeed, the services offered by QuickBooks are the finest, but there are times users might face errors like not working and responding problems. Luckily, the users can quickly resolve these issues in time by using the solutions provided in this article and accessing the QuickBooks services without any interruption.
Major issues behind QuickBooks not working issue
For the users wondering what can be the possible reasons for QuickBooks stopped responding issue, they can go through the list of some of the causes shared below:
- Corrupted hard drive
- Long company name
- QBWUSER.INI file is damaged or corrupted
- Windows OS is damaged
- Installation error
- Damaged program files
- Issues with some program files
Thus, these are some of the possible causes for not responding to errors with QuickBooks software. And for users looking for solutions to quickly resolve the error, one can go through the solutions shared in this article.
Solutions to QuickBooks not working or responding error issue
The users looking for solutions to resolve QuickBooks not working can go through the steps shared in this article and access the services without interruption. If required, the user can even contact QuickBooks customer service to seek the needed assistance
1) Use QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool
- Initially, the user needs to download the diagnostic tool and save the file on the computer.
- Now, the user needs to close all the applications running in the background.
- After that, the user can run the diagnostic tool and restart the device to update all the components.
2) Rename QBWUSER.INI file name
- For this process, the user needs to open the folder where the QBWUSER file is stored.
- The user can follow the location path and rename the QBWUSER.INI.
- The user needs to add .old at the end of the file name.
- The user can even rename the EntitlementDataSore.ecml file if the program opens after renaming the QBWUSER.ini file or when the company file is not opening.
- If the company's file is opening from the new location, the issue might be related to the damaged folder or permissions.
- Check if the company file is damaged if the user still fails to sign in to the company file.
- Try to restore the earlier backup files if the file is damaged.
- The error might be because of improper installation.
In case, if the error is not resolved, then the user can check out the alternative solutions provided in this article.
3) Reboot the computer or disable the antivirus
- Alternatively, the user can try fixing the QuickBooks not responding issue by using the instructions shared below:
- Begin by rebooting the system and opening the QuickBooks application on the desktop.
- Further, disable the antivirus or third-party application installed on the device.
4) Create a new admin for QuickBooks
- The user can try to create a new admin for QuickBooks and save the changes.
- Further, the user can try accessing the company files using the new admin account.
5) Try opening the company file from a different location
Alternatively, the user can try accessing the company files from a different location to resolve QuickBooks stopped working error. However, users who are not aware of the steps can follow the procedure shared and access the services without any interruption.
- Press the Windows key with E to open the computer Window.
- Now, search for a file with the .qbw file extension.
- For searching a file located in the network server, the user can browse through the network drive.
- After that, the user can right-click to Copy the company file.
- Now, the user can go to the C drive and create a new folder.
- Then, the user can name the new folder as QBTEST and access the same.
- Here, the user can paste the company file and open the QuickBooks application by holding the control key.
- Further, select restore existing company file via C:\QBTEST folder.
- And then, the user can open the company file that is copied to the QBTESt folder.
If the not working error with QuickBooks is not resolved, the user can try out the alternative solution shared and resolve the error in time.
6) Reinstall QuickBooks using the clean install
The user can try to resolve QuickBooks not responding error by using the steps shared below:
- Initially, the user needs to uninstall the QuickBooks Desktop.
- After that, the user can reinstall the same by using the clean install tool.
- Once the process is completed, the QuickBooks will get updated to resolve all the errors.
Thus, these are some solutions that users can try to resolve QuickBooks not responding and working issues. However, if the user fails to fix the errors in time even by using these solutions, then the user can opt to reach out to customer service to seek assistance.
Contacting QuickBooks customer service for all solutions
For the users who fail to access the QuickBooks services because of issues with the company files and other technical glitches, the user can dial the customer service number of QuickBooks and reach out to the support representative and seek the needed help. If required, one can even visit the official support page of QuickBooks.So, now that the users know how to fix the not working and responding issue with QuickBooks, one can use the information shared and access the company file, and manage their tasks accordingly.