HP printer is one of the renowned brands which provide its customers with the best printer services. In simple words, one can say that the HP printer has been a boon in the sector of printing. Having a printer makes your work easy, but you need to take extra care of it when there is some problem with the printer. In this article, you can find the steps to fix the ink system failure in your HP printer.
You can fix the cartridge of the HP printer to fix the ink failure issues. If you want to know the steps to repair the why my HP printer ink system failure, you can check the stepwise instructions given below. Also, keep in mind to use leak-free cartridges for better results.
Recommended solution to fix HP printer ink system failure issue
Starting your HP printer and your printer unable to print your document that might happen due to ink cartridges incompatibility, clogged ink and much other reason's which stops you to move forward and complete your work so follow below solution's which help's to resolve HP printer ink system failure issue so read to know more
Step 1: Check the leaking ink cartridges
Before following the steps, ensure that you have genuine HP ink or toner supplies for your printer. Now,
- Open the door to get the ink cartridges.
- Wait for the carriage to stop moving.
- Remove the ink cartridges to check the leaking ink.
- Replace the cartridges if the ink leaks or insert them back if the cartridges are not leaking.
- Repeat the same process for the other two steps and insert them back into the printer.
- Close the cartridge door again and see if the printer is working.
- Or Lastly, the user can try reinstalling the ink cartridge.
- If the problem continues, you can check the next step.
Step 2: Reset the printer
You can try to reset your printer with the following steps;
- Turn on the printer and disconnect the power cord with the printer on.
- Remove the power chord from the switchboard.
- Wait up to 1 minute.
- Reconnect the cord with the printer and restart it.
- If you still face the same issues, you can check the next step.
Step 3: Inspect the carriage for a print-head latch
- You can check if your printer has a print-head latch to fix the HP printer ink system failure. You need to open the cartridge door to access the ink cartridges. Check if the carriage has a print-head latch. If yes, then move on to the next step.
Step 4: Reset the print-head up to three times
When the ink system failure issue flashes on your screen repeatedly, you need to reset the print-head with the following steps:
- Open the ink cartridge door first.
- Wait until the carriage stops moving inside the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the printer's back before reaching the inside of the printer.
- Pull up the carriage latch and lift the print-head slightly. Now lower the print-head again and insert it back into the carriage to lock the print-head.
Step 5: Close the ink cartridge door again.
- Reconnect all the power cords and check the control panel for the error message.
- You may still see the error message after inserting the printhead. You need to reset the print-head three times to fix the issue in such a case.
- However, when you still see the same problem on your screen, you can move on to the next step.
Step 6: Clogged printhead or ink cartridge
- Well, there are chances the dried ink on the nozzle or the printhead and cause issues when printers detect cartridges.
- To fix this issue, one can simply remove the ink cartridge and clean it with a lint-free cloth.
- Once done, they can reinstall the cartridge and check whether the issue is fixed or not.
Step 7: Ink cartridge not compatible with HP printer
- As you might be aware of this fact that ink cartridges work for specific printers and printer models
- So, in case, if the user is encountering an ink system failure issue then, there are chances that this issue might have arisen because of the incompatible cartridge.
Step 8: Dry Printhead in HP printer and Use New Set of Cartridge’s
- If the printer is less in use it may dry the print head of the cartridge due to which you might face this problem.
- If the ink cartridges are used completely you need to replace them with a new set.
Step 9: Replace the print-head
If you face a problem with your printer, you may need to replace the print-head. Check the warranty for your print-head and cartridge and order a new one. If the print-head is not in the warranty, follow the steps below:
- Visit the HP parts store from the official website.
- Search the HP parts store according to your print-head part number.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to make the online purchase for the HP printhead.
So, these are the common troubleshooting steps you can follow to fix HP printer ink failure issue. However, if you still face the HP printer ink System failure, you need to contact the customer support of the HP printer. Once you dial the HP phone number, you can connect with technical experts to guide you with the printer repair steps. You can also take your printer to the HP service centers if required.