If you cannot send or receive emails, or cannot connect to Outlook.com, try these tips and tricks. If you cannot connect to your Outlook.com, Hotmail, Live, or MSN email account, or you do not know how to sign in or out, Find out more about the complication Hotmail not receiving emails.
Guidelines to know why is my Hotmail not receiving emails
If you have problems with Outlook.com, first check the status of the service. If the status is not green, wait until the service runs normally, then try again. If you wonder why is my Hotmail not receiving emails on iPhone then you will have to check the following.
Which version of Outlook.com do you use?
The instructions differ slightly depending on whether or not you use the beta version of Outlook.com. Select the version you are using to see the instructions that apply to you.
Still, wondering why am I not receiving any emails on my Hotmail account? If a person has sent an email message to your Outlook.com account but the message has never arrived, there are several things you can do to try to solve the problem.
Check your junk mail folder
- In your list of Outlook.com folders, choose the Junk E-mail folder and look for the missing e-mail message.
- If there are any messages that should not be marked as spam, click all e-mail messages, and then select Mark as legitimate . The message is automatically moved to your inbox.
Clean your inbox
- If your inbox is full, you will not receive new messages.
- To free up space in your inbox, try clearing your Junk E-mail folder by right-clicking Junk E-mail > Delete All.
- You can also tidy junk mail from your inbox folders or an archive. Ranger allows you to delete all incoming e-mail messages from a particular sender, keep only the last message from that sender, or delete the message from that sender before 10 days automatically. Select a message that you want to tidy and select tidy.
- Saving photos and documents in OneDrive also frees up space in your inbox. To learn how to save attachments in OneDrive, see Free storage in Outlook.com.
Check your inbox filter and sort settings
- If your inbox is filtering by category or if your sort order is different from the usual one, you will not see the messages you want to see. Filtering and sorting are available at the top of your message list.
- For filtering, select filter > all.
- For sorting, select Filter > Sort By.
- To search for recent messages, select Date. To search for messages from a specific person, choose. You can reverse the order by selecting the option again.
Check the other tab to clear why is Hotmail not receiving emails
- Inbox focus separates your inbox into two tabs, focus and others, to help you focus on the messages that matter.
- If Inbox Based On is enabled for you, some messages sent to your can be in the other tab.
- You can click any messages that you want to appear in the focus, and then select move to focus inbox or always to focus inbox.
- Inbox focus will learn which messages should always go to the focus tab.
- Now you will no longer have to think about why Hotmail not receiving emails.
Hotmail not receiving emails - Avail Alternative solution
The emails not receiving issues is a vital issue spread over thousands of users and a trending problem. While configuring the Hotmail account using inappropriate filters or forwarding settings, you will not receive new messages on the Hotmail account. So, to get further information about Hotmail not receiving emails, you will have to go through below given ways to resolve your Hotmail queries with accurate answers.
Step 1: Fix Your Web Browser-
Therefore, if you cannot receive emails on Hotmail at the time of browsing, you should log in to your Hotmail account by using another browser, etc. If you can receive emails within the secondary browser, then try to make appropriate changes to your browser.
Clear the cookies and browsing data:
- First, open the Microsoft edge on your device and go to the settings option
- Click over the cookies and site permission option
- Then you will have to press here manage button and delete cookies and site data
- Now press to see all cookies and click on the Remove all button etc.
Update the browser:
- Now the user will open the edge browser
- Then click on the Settings option
- After this, click on the Microsoft edge option
- Next, if you get to see updates are pending, press downloads and install button for further procedure.
Step 2: Check the Junk email folder-
When your Hotmail account cannot receive emails within the inbox or in primary mail folders, you will have to open the junk folder via the browser page.
- Now first, you need to login into your Hotmail account by using the outlook website
- Then press the settings icon and click on the view all outlook settings option
- Next, click on the junk email option from the left menu selection
- It would help if you pressed the delete button to remove all domains available in the junk and pressed again the save button.
Step 3: Double-check the email rules-
If you cannot receive emails in your Hotmail inbox, you will have to review other folders within your inbox.
- First of all, go to the Outlook mail settings on your Outlook once again
- Then you will click on the rules option
- After that, press the delete button, which is available next to the rules
- Click on the Save button.
Step 4: Verify the server status-
Often, users can’t receive emails on their Hotmail account because of server failure problems. The most common issue is when a server gets overloaded with massive web traffic or some updates are running within the background.
What to do Hotmail Not receiving emails on iPhone:
However, in case you find the issue of Hotmail is not receiving emails on iPhone devices. Then here are the ways to get that fixed instantly by following the below steps.
- First, go to the iPhone’s settings
- Then search for the accounts and password option and tap over it
- Now you will have to click over the Hotmail account
- Once the account gets opened, you will have to delete it, and then you need to press the add account option
- Now you need to select Outlook from the list and type your email address and other details too
- At last, now choose the services, and then press on the done button for confirmation.
Thus, in case you need to fetch more information regarding Hotmail not receiving emails, then you should contact Hotmail customer service team representative who will assist answers to your questions over Hotmail not receiving emails within inbox etc. For more information contact Hotmail customer service team