Google Maps voice is pretty good to pair your phone or tablet to the car's speaker when you are in the car and want to reach the right destination, your Google Maps voice service will help you as a destination executive. But sometimes, most of the people find their Google Maps voice which is not working, they feel so said and look for the better solution to fix this issue instantly. At this, you have to access tech support representatives who have the correct information to deal with the problem before long.
Major reasons behind Google Maps voice not working
To make Google Maps work properly it is required that the device of the user is connected to a decent internet connection. Further, there are chances when the user moves out of the network zone, they might encounter issues with the voice navigation feature of Google Maps. And as Google Maps is one of the popular features of the Android device, it requires regular updates. So, the users facing Google map voice not working, it can be because of the outdated version of the application.
- Further, the user can face this issue because of problems with the volume and speaker settings.
- Lastly, this issue can also arise because of the damaged speaker of the device.
- Quick solutions to resolve Google Maps voice navigation unable to work
Recommended steps to fix Google Maps Voice Navigation not working.
- Open your device and click the Google account to sing in.
- Now select the Google maps voice service and check it first of all.
- If you have an app for Google Maps voice, you can go directly to open it.
- If Voice is not working then go to the settings and check out the settings.
- Check out the Google Maps voice is enable or not if showing disables, click the enable button.
- Now check it if you find it is working normally, your problem has been resolved.
If later on having another hurdle with your Google Maps voice, you can feel free to call a support team that is available for the users to provide them a suitable and instant solution at any time of day and night.
Alternative checks for Google Maps voice not working
Check the volume of the device
- There are chances that users might be facing Google map voice not working issues because of the volume levels of the device.
- So, it is suggested to the users to check the volume level and verify the ringer is enabled by visiting the settings section.
Make sure the voice feature is enabled in Google Maps
- To verify whether the voice feature is turned on in Google Maps, the user is required to enter a destination and tap on the Start button.
- Further, the user is required to tap on the sound button on the upper-right corner.
Clear the cache of the app
- Another reason for Google map voice not working problems can be because of the cache stored in the app.
- For clearing the cache, the user needs to launch the Settings app and tap on the App manager.
- Further, the user can tap on the Google Maps app and tap on the storage option.
- Then, the user needs to tap on the clear cache option and check if the issue is resolved or not.
Check the Bluetooth headphones connected to the device
- For the users who are using Bluetooth headphones to listen to Google Maps navigation, they are suggested to ensure that the Bluetooth headphones are connected properly to the device.
- If the user is failing to listen to the navigation, the user is suggested to reconnect the Bluetooth earphones again and check if the issue is fixed or not.
Disable the Google Maps voice navigation on Bluetooth
- Further, for the users who longer wish to use the Bluetooth feature to listen to Google Maps voice navigation, they can simply disable the feature as it helps in fixing the issue.
- For disabling the Bluetooth feature, the user needs to launch the Settings app and tap on Navigation Settings.
- Further, tap on the voice level option and select disable play voice over the Bluetooth option.
Update Google Maps app
- Alternatively, to fix the Google map voice not working issue, the user can try to update the Google Maps app.
- For this process, the user is required to check for the update in Google Play Store and fix the issue.
Reinstall Google Maps
- To begin this process, the user is required to remove the Google Maps app from the device.
- Once done, the user can reinstall the same from the Google Play Store and check if the issue is fixed or not.
Related questions to Google maps voice navigation not working issue
Google Maps is an application that does not require any introduction. And if you are such a user who is facing certain issues with it then you can refer to the information mentioned in this piece of information to fix it.
Why Can’t I Get Voice Directions On Google Map!
- If you are facing such an issue with Google map then here are the resolutions along with the causes so that you can get rid of it.
- When your device volume is low then you can face this issue. To get rid of this, you can tap on the volume Up button to raise it.
- From the top left corner of the map, where the speaker is displayed, if you find it muted then also you are getting this issue. Unmute by tapping the same speaker icon.
- You can always clear the application caches to get the application to work properly.
How do I get my map to talk?
- If you want your Google map with voice instructions then you can follow the steps to fix the issue.
- Open the maps application from your device and enter the destination.
- Then after finding the best route, tap on the route card.
- Then tap on the “Audio” option.
- Now tap on the volume level that you need and you will be good to go.
Why do my Google maps have no sound?
- If you are still facing the Google maps not working and facing issues with sound then you need to check all the volumes to fix it.
- You can start by checking the volume of your device. If it is fine then you need to check the application volume.
- If all is well but still facing the issue then you can restart your device so that all the functions are refreshed from the device.
Why is my Google Maps not talking on my iPhone?
- To fix Google Maps not talking on iPhone you can try the steps below.
- Unlock your device and go to the “Settings” option of the iPhone.
- Tap on the “Maps” option and head over to its settings.
- From there, look for the Navigation voice volume and select loud volume as your option.
- And then exit from the settings and use your Maps as usual.
In case, you are still facing issues with your Google Maps then you shall not panic. You are free to get in touch with the customer support of Google maps who will be readily helping users without issues.