Hotmail is an Email service rendered under the umbrella of Microsoft-the the software giant. Hotmail has been very popular among Mail users since its inception and millions of people around the world have their accounts on Hotmail. Hotmail provides astonishing services to its users and but, sometimes, it may happen that due to some issues like hacking into an account or a user might himself or herself has forgotten the password, there could be needed to do Hotmail account recovery.
Check out steps for Hotmail account recovery given below:
Following the below-mentioned steps would unlock the Hotmail account and help to reset Hotmail password
Go to the official website of Hotmail to recover the account by typing in “Hotmail account recovery”.
Click on one of the following reasons to mention the reason that is checking you from signing in:
- I forgot my password.
- I know my password but can’t sign in.
- I think someone else is using my Microsoft account.
3. Click on Next.
4. The Next page will give you the options to recover your account.
5. Enter your EMail ID which you need to recover, then, enter the captcha under it.
6. Click Next.
7. On the Next page, you will be prompted to choose an option to reset your account, either text or E-mail
- If the phone number had not been set during account creation, then, the recovery option would not prompt this option.
- However, if either of the option i.e. phone number or Email address had not been set, then, click on “I don’t have any of these”, and click Next.
- By clicking on Next, a page will be prompted asking alternate Email address on which a link could be received to reset the account.
8. However, if recovery Email had been set, then, clicking on this option will send a link to the recovery Email ID, which, when clicked sends a link to the alternate Email ID.
- Open the alternate Email address and click on the link from Hotmail, and follow the instructions to reset the password.
- You have to now enter the verification code in the text field and then click on Next. Now, choose the option of text or email and tap on “Send code”.
- You will receive the recovery code and enter it in the text field in the middle of the page. Fill in the verification code and it will take you the page where you can reset the password.
- Now, enter the replacement password and re-enter it in the field named “re-enter password”. Once reset, the account will recover and show the contents of the account.
- The next step is to click on Next and the process is complete.
9. If the phone number had been set, then, enter the phone number, a verification code will be sent on the phone number which is needed to be provided in the space.
10. However, if Hotmail account recovery failed, then there might be the possibility that one is entering the wrong recovery option, like
- The phone number or alternate email address being provided is different than the one that had been set.
- There could be a network issue, i.e., the temporary network outage, retry after sometimes.
How to get back recovery of Hotmail deleted files
Now, if the user is still frustrated to recover deleted files from Hotmail they can go for the procedure that will bring back the files.
- The first step is to open outlook and click on Sign-in by typing your email address and password. Click Sign-in.
- Now, you have to right-click on deleted items that are present on the left side of the screen.
- The next step is to click on the recover deleted items near the bottom of the right-click menu.
- This is the trash folder that consists of the deleted emails of the last 14 days. Now, click on “Recover” that is situated in the top left corner of the page and click on OK.
This is how you can recover deleted files in Hotmail. You can also take the help of a Hotmail Customer Service Team professional to get the solution to your problem. Their services are active always and they will provide free help. One can contact the Hotmail support team regarding this and get help instantly.
Hotmail account blocked can't recover: Some of the main reasons for blocked Hotmail account?
Hotmail is an email platform produced by Microsoft. If you are a working professional and mostly interact through emails then you can easily make an account on Hotmail and be in touch with your clients. Now suppose if you have been using a Hotmail account for quite a long time but if one day you open it and its locked. There are many reasons why the Hotmail account gets blocked and users are not able to log in to their email account and at that point of time user faces Hotmail not working issue. But before you jump to Hotmail account recovery, you should also get to know about the main reasons behind that. To find out about the possible reasons, tap below.
If your Hotmail account also gets blocked then it can be because of any of the below-given reasons. To find out, tap below.
1. Any illicit activity or violation of privacy policies
Sometimes hackers break into the personal accounts of people and misuse their data. Maybe misusing the privacy policies or uploading any illicit content. In that case, Hotmail immediately detects that and locks your account in order to protect from any further misuse.
2. Due to excessive attempts to log in
Let’s say if you open your account but you forget the password. Then, in that case, you can recover it and set a new password. But most of the users try to log in by guessing the forgotten password before jumping to the forgotten password recovery steps. And in between many unsuccessful attempts of logging in, the account gets locked.
3. If the user itself misuses the mail
If the user himself tries misusing the privacy policies of his account then Hotmail can suspend his or her account for a day or two and gets unlocked on its own.
And these are the possible reasons for the Hotmail account getting blocked which you can recover using the recovery steps. And if in case you need any information then contact Hotmail customer service team.
Hotmail Account Blocked? Here Is an Alternative method-How to Recover Hotmail account | Reset Hotmail Password
Method 1: Recovery of Hotmail Account with the Help of Text!
- Open a web browser and go to the official website of Hotmail from its search bar at the top of the page.
- Enter the username that you want to recover and proceed further by tapping “Next”.
- You will be required to tap on the “Forgot Password?” option such that you are taken to the Hotmail account recovery page.
- There you need to select any one recovery option from the three and you can tap on “Recovery with Phone Number”.
- Check the phone number linked to the account and checks the SMS that you just received.
- Enter the verification code in the space and tap “Verify”.
- Hotmail will be verifying your code and allowing you to create a new password. You need to create such a password that is strong enough for others to crack and tap “OK”.
- Re-type your password once again in the box to confirm.
- With the help of the above steps, you can get back a Hotmail account. Another step to reset the Hotmail password is also explained below.
Method 2: Recovery Hotmail Account using with the help of Email
- First and foremost, you are required to visit the password reset page of Hotmail.
- Then you need to opt for the 'I forgot my password'.
- Next, you have to choose the option that you're seeing the problem while logging in.
- Further, you are required to click the Next button and enter your email address. In this way, you need to complete the captcha appearing on the screen by entering the characters and click Next.
- Also, you should choose the Hotmail account recovery option. As you want to recover your account using email, select the email option to receive the code.
- You have to provide the code and click Submit Code option.
- Open your email account and check the password reset email and fin the verification code in that email.
- After that, you should enter the code and click Next.
- It will open the Hotmail password reset page where you can create and confirm a new password for your Hotmail account.
- Once the password is confirmed, you have to click next to confirm the password.
This is how Hotmail account recovery is completed with an email address. Moreover, if you want to recover your Hotmail account using the phone number, you need to go through the steps mentioned below.
Method 3: Recovery Hotmail Account using the help of SMS
- Similarly, you need to visit the Hotmail account password reset page on your browser.
- Next, you need to opt for the 'I forgot my password'.
- Further, you have to choose the option that you're seeing the problem while logging in.
- Then, you are required to click the Next button and enter your email address. In this way, you need to complete the captcha appearing on the screen by entering the characters and click Next.
- After that, you are required to select the Hotmail account recovery method. Since you want to recover your account using the phone, choose the Phone Number option to receive code.
- Select the phone number associated with your Hotmail account and click send me code.
- In this way, you would receive a verification code on your phone via SMS, open the inbox and fin the verification code.
- Once you get the code, you need to fill it in the given field on your screen and click Next.
- Thereafter, you would see the Hotmail account recovery page, on that page, you would see the options to reset your Hotmail account password.
- You should create and confirm a strong and easy-to-remember password and click the Next option.
Once the above steps are completed, you will be able to recover your Hotmail account password using a phone number without much of a stretch. Moreover, you want to recover through security questions, you need to follow the given steps.
Method 4: Recovery Hotmail Account using with the help of Security Question
- If you want to recover your Hotmail Account using Security Questions, you should open the Hotmail account recovery page.
- There you need to enter the email address and click Next.
- Next, you need to opt for the 'I forgot my password.
- Then, you are required to complete the captcha showing on the screen by filling in the characters and click Next.
- Further, you should select the Hotmail account reset password method. There you would see the Security Question option to proceed.
- You need to choose that option and answer all the questions that you have set on your Hotmail account.
- Once you enter all the answers correctly, you would see the password reset page.
- On that page, you have to create a new password and confirm it by retyping the password in the given field.
- Once the password is confirmed, you have to click the Continue option to finish the process.
- With the completion of the above steps, you will no longer worry about recovering the Hotmail account using Security questions.
Through the various procedures of Hotmail account recovery, you will be able to reset your account password. And also, while doing so, you wouldn't face any problem. Meanwhile, you see any kind of problem during the recovery process, you shouldn't worry about it. As the Hotmail customer service team is there to help you around the clock and will provide you all the required information at any time. The support team has technical experts who assist the users without any delay. Above all, the team is accessible over a phone call so dial the number and get help. So, with the help of the above steps, users can use any steps to get back a Hotmail account. For any further help, you can contact Hotmail customer service.
Other Recommended source: Hotmail not working | Hotmail not working on iPhone| Hotmail Customer Service| Hotmail account recovery | Hotmail verification code not received |Hotmail account on iPad |Hotmail password on Mac
Thanks for updating the information on your post. Now I am able to use my account.
I have followed your procedure given and it worked.Thanks