So you have been entering the correct password for your Gmail account in your iPhone device but unable to get access to it. Well, such a situation can really frustrate you and make you stop accessing your important emails and that is more annoying, isn’t it? However, Gmail issues can be easily resolved without any professional guidance or expertise but with simple techniques only.
Now, iPhone users may find the Gmail issues a bit unfamiliar but that does not mean that they cannot get rid of them at all. So, if you are an iPhone user and have facing such issues in your Gmail account then read this article further to know more about fixing the Gmail not working on the iPhone issue.
Commonly Gmail issues on iPhone faced by the users
Before you move ahead with understanding the solutions to get rid of the Gmail issues, have a look at some of the most common ones here.
- Cannot get mail due to failed server
- Wrong username and password
- Gmail is unable to connect via SSL
- Gmail server being irresponsive
- The account is unable to send mails due to SMTP issues
- IMAP server stops responding
Moreover, there are other issues as well but they are the most common ones that may result in your Gmail not working on iPhone. Now have a look at some of the most used and effective methods to get rid of such an issue.
How to check the account activity of Gmail on iPhone?
On facing the situation in which Gmail does not work in the iPhone device a user can opt for the method of checking the device activity because this step will allow Gmail to work on the iPhone by enabling the syncing feature. This feature allows the user to utilize Gmail at multiple devices by sending and receiving emails by making use of any device.
- Visit the website of Gmail by using any web browser.
- Click on the profile picture section located on the top-right side of the screen.
- Select Manage Your Google Account option.
- Select Security option in the left corner of the web-page.
- Scroll down to Your devices section and click on Manage Devices option.
- Navigate to the When you are signed out devices and go to the recently signed out devices.
- Click on the iPhone device of the user and toggle on the enable button to start the Gmail syncing feature in the iPhone.
Why is my Gmail account not working on my iPhone? Avail recommended steps to fix
A number of issues have been resolved by a team of experts. If a user is not able to access Gmail by using the iPhone, they can go by the below-given guidelines:
Method 1: Visit Gmail Website and look for Alerts
There is a need to visit the Gmail website. It is required for the users to access their Gmail account by using a computer if possible. It is even applicable for iPhone
- User should open the Safari or another browsing software, go to Gmail and enter their email address
- When the user has the iPhone, they can see the popup which will prompt the user to download. Click the “mobile Gmail site” link at the bottom of the screen.
- After the user will log in, there is a need to look for an alert box or email in your inbox which will say that “Someone has your password” or “We blocked a sign-in attempt.”
- If a user gets notification like that, tap on the link inside “Review Your Devices Now”.User needs to take quick action
- It can be useful for resolving Gmail not working problem.
It is required to review the recent devices On Google’s Website
When the user didn’t get an email about a blocked sign-in attempt, it will be better to visit the section like “Device activity & notifications” under the “Google’s My Account” website.
- Users can see all of the recent devices which are used to sign into the account.
- After user will confirm their identification, an email will begin to load on your iPhone or iPad.
- Now, it is required to see if Gmail not working on the iPhone problem has been resolved.
Alternative Method :
Method 1: Check For Gmail Updates & Alerts On Web Version
You must check the web version of your Gmail account in your iPhone’s or iPad’s web browser. In this way, you’ll be able to get to know what exactly the problem is that is causing such an issue. Hence, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Open up the Safari or Chrome web browser and then Gmail sign-in page
- Now, enter sign-in credentials and then select the “mobile Gmail site” option at the bottom of the screen
- On the next page, look for an alert message in your inbox that may appear like “We blocked a sign-in attempt” or “Someone has your password”.
- Select the “Review Your Devices Now” or “That Was Me” option to resolve the login issues in your Gmail account
Method 2: Make A Review Of Your Recent Device On Google Website
So even if you haven’t got the notification email for a blocked sign-in an attempt then you should navigate to the Device activity & notifications in your Google “My Account” website. Here, you’ll see all the devices and web browsers through which you’ve logged into your Gmail account. Moreover, if you have been blocked on any of the devices such as your iPhone device then unblock it to continue to use your Gmail account.
Method 3: CAPTCHA Reset Your Gmail Account
The CAPTCHA reset is one of the little-known features of Gmail accounts that temporarily unlock your account’s security features and allows you to use your account on new devices. So, to do the CAPTCHA reset, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Visit the Gmail CAPTCHA reset page in your iPhone’s web browser and then enter the login credentials of your account
- Try to log into your iPhone device and you should be able to get access to your Gmail account
Method 4: Make Sure IMAP Settings Are Enabled In Your Device
One of the reasons that Gmail not working on the iPhone is that the IMAP settings are not enabled in your device However, the IMAP settings are basically responsible for receiving emails in your email accounts. So, if these settings are disabled into your Gmail accounts then you’ll not be able to receive emails on your Gmail without enabling it on. Here’s how.
- Use your web browser to visit the Gmail sign in a webpage and then get access to your account
- Scroll to the Gear icon
- Click on See All Settings option.
- Navigate to the 'Forwarding and POP/IMAP' section
- In the IMAP Access section, select the option of Enable IMAP.
- Now the Gmail app installed on the iPhone will start the process of sending or receiving the emails normally.
Method 5: Re-setup Your Gmail Account On Your iPhone
So, you have tried verifying your iPhone device with CAPTCHA verification, logging into your Gmail account by enabling IMAP settings, but still, you are unable to fix the Gmail stop working on the iPhone issue. However, you do not need to worry about the Gmail data as it is stored on the Gmail servers and this is why even if you remove your Gmail account from your device, no data will be removed from the server and you can again use your account again, once it is installed on your device.
Delete Gmail account in iPhone
A user can remove and then reinstate the Gmail account by utilizing these steps.
- Open the iPhone device and launch the settings app.
- Tap on Passwords & Accounts option.
- From the available list, tap on the Gmail account.
- Visit the section of the account details and tap on delete account option. It will completely removed Gmail account from your iPhone
Re-add Gmail account in iPhone
For adding it again, a user can follow this process.
- Open the Settings app on the iPhone.
- Tap on the Password & Accounts option.
- Choose the option of Add Account and select Google
- Enter the Gmail ID and Password of the Gmail account
- Now Save the changes to complete the process.
Method 6: Restore iPhone to enable the working of Gmail in iPhone
If the user has tried tooth and nail to make the Gmail work in the iPhone device but all in vain then a user can opt for the method of resetting the iPhone to the factory settings.This step will enable the user to get the iPhone back to the original state with default settings.
- Open the iPhone and visit the settings app.
- Tap on the iCloud option and back up the data.
- Navigate to the General settings option.
- Select Erase all content and settings.
- Enter the Apple ID and password to complete the process.
If the user is unable to solve the problem of Gmail stops working on iPhone then he can connect with the customer service of Apple to gain the required information.
Therefore, this was all about fixing the Gmail not working on the iPhone issue with some simple steps. However, if you are not able to fix the issue then it is better to connect with Gmail support for all your queries and solution