Gmail is one of the top most popular email services which are used by millions in all parts of the world. So, Google offers highest level of security for all the Gmail users. This means that with Gmail security settings or features, possibility of any type of mishap or unauthorized access into your Gmail account is almost not there. When one tries to access your Gmail account, one has to prove the user identity. Also, if there is any security change or password change user needs to prove the user identity. For this he needs to enter the login id and password or other security questions.
How to change Gmail security questions & settings
Security questions are required when one has to change account password. One can prove the user authenticity of the account in question by answering the security questions. While setting up the account registration one has to set these questions & answers also. When user wants he can change the answer from the account settings.
For this below steps can be followed:
- First open the Gmail account by entering the id and password.
- After that click on ‘Account and Import’.
- Then choose ‘Change password recovery’ option in ‘Change account settings’.
- Now click Edit under ‘Security Question’.
- Go through it and complete the form and answer the security questions.
- Click on Save once the changes are made.
Gmail security settings
Gmail security settings can be used to safeguard Gmail account from any unauthorized access.
How do I change my Gmail security settings
Follow below steps to change your Gmail security settings:
- Open Gmail on your computer.
- Then click Settings in the top right of the Gmail window.
- Now at the top, choose a settings page, such as General, Labels, or Inbox.
- Here make changes you want.
- Once you make changes with each page, click Save Changes at the bottom.