Gmail is the outstanding Webmail and Outlook is an extraordinary email-client. Now, the users can access the features of the duos at one-stop by configuring Gmail in Outlook. The process is simple and the details are listed beneath for easy configuration.
How to Configure Gmail Account in Outlook ?
Changes to be done in Gmail
- Launch Gmail and Sign-in with the credentials.
- Click on the menu symbolized with the gear icon and select ‘Settings’.
- In the Settings page, few tabs are listed at the top of the page, click on ‘Forwarding and POP/IMAP’ and further click on ‘Enable POP for all mail that arrives from now on’ and this feature is available in the POP section.
- Under the same, ‘Archive Gmail’s Copy’ is listed, select the same.
- Click on 'Save Changes' after applying the above steps.
Configuration Process with Microsoft Outlook
- Launch Outlook and click on the File tab and select ‘Add Account’.
- Scroll down the page and select ‘Manual Configuration’.
- In the section of ‘User Information’ enter username and password.
- Account type selection; users can select either POP or IMAP.
- If POP is selected, then Incoming Mail Server will be ‘pop.gmail.com’ and if IMAP is selected then Incoming Mail Server will be ‘imap.gmail.com’.
- Outgoing Mail Server should be ‘smtp.gmail.com’.
- The first stage is over, now click on ‘More Settings’ and click on the tab ‘Outgoing Server’ to select ‘Outgoing server requires authentication’.
- Switch to ‘Advanced’ section and the Port Number box will appear; if the selected account is POP, then port number will be 995 and if it is IMAP, then port number will be 993 for Incoming Mail Server.
- For Outgoing Mail Server, port number will be 587.
- SSL security plays a key role, so it should be enabled.
Hence, setup is completed. Now the users can go for the test mail to check the proper configuration and amid the same, a message will appear saying the account settings are correct.