Hotmail verification code or security code are basically codes that the user receive when they are processing their Hotmail account recovery method. Many a times, the user complaints that their account is not being accessed because of the password issues. So, for this user process password recovery step and in that only they receive Hotmail verification code that verifies the particular account is of the user only.
Get details for hotmail verification code and reasons for not receiving the codes
The hotmail verification code is send to the user's alternate email or their registered phone number that further needs to be entered in the correct space for processing the recovery method. When the user receives the specific verification code they have to provide it back to the Microsoft team so that it becomes sure that the account is of that particular user.
Furthermore, for the verification process to take place the user needs to add the security info to their Hotmail account and then only it can be finished. Therefore, so as to add the security info to the Hotmail account for password recovery, the user needs to follow the below mentioned steps:
- First of all the user is required to visit the Security basics page of their Hotmail account.
- Then they should sign in to their Hotmail account with the username and password.
- There the user is required to select the update info menu and should go to the next step.
- From there the user is required to click on the add security info menu and should then go through the onscreen instructions mentioned on the page.
- Once this is done, Microsoft will send a security code to the entered alternate email or the phone number.
- User should then enter the code in the given space and should select next.
On the other hand, there are also times when the user face hotmail verification code not received related issues while processing these steps and because of this they face many more issues. This issue generally occurs because of several reasons mentioned below. The reasons vary from time to time depending on the network and device.
Why hotmail security code not received by user
- The registered phone number doesn’t have network for the message to get delivered.
- The phone number is entered wrong and is not valid.
- The security code time limit is expired and is not valid.
- Issues of network problem with the device on which this verification process is being enabled.
- Any internal issue of the particular Hotmail email account.
Furthermore, with the above mentioned steps the issue of hotmail mobile verification code not received, will be easily solved and the user will further be able to access their Hotmail email account. Therefore, the user should make sure that they have entered the correct phone number as well as the security code in the given space without any error as many times the credentials are wrongly entered and the verification is not done in the complete way.
Recommended source : Hotmail Password Reset